Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One Month Trial of a Super Simple Regimen Using Minimal Products.

Since becoming natural I’ve been obsessed with getting longer, bigger hair. Well as you all can see it’s a very, very slow journey and sometimes I feel like I will never reach my goals. But, no matter, I’ve got my eye on the prize and plan on reaching my goals and to do that it all starts with a good regimen, healthy diet, and plenty of exercise.
I’ve finally replenished my Terressentials Mudwash and decided to go with Lavender, Lemon and I got the Cool Mint to use on my itchy scalp. I’ve decided I’m going to adopt a very, very simple regimen for the next thirty days and it’s following a similar routine to Youtuber Naptural85. Like her I love the Mudwash and get great results with it, but unlike her I use conditioners, gels, etc. So I’ve decided to give her routine a try for the next thirty days. She only washes once a month. I did that today and the Cool Mint made my scalp feeling tingly and refreshed. I’m not itchy at all. Her sole styling products are her homemade creamy shea butter mix, her hair and body oil, water and occasionally flaxseed gel. I’m not going to make her shea butter mix yet, but I will be using plain, unrefined shea butter. I do have a batch of her hair and body oil that I will use, and I don’t feel like making flaxseed gel so if I need gel I’ll use straight up pure aloe vera gel.
Her styling regimen is pretty simple too. She mostly wears a twist out and keeps her hair stretched, which I know keeps single strand knots out of my hair. She’s also able to stetch a twist out a few days by bunning her hair at night before needing to retwist. I’m going to give this a try too.  (She does other styles but I’m going to stick with a twist out and she “washes” once a month but does wet her hair in the shower and while I may wet my hair if it’s feeling griming after a workout, I’m going to refrain from washing. I will be deep conditioning using natural oils and my steamer weekly).
Now some of you may wonder why I’m bothering with this because what works for one, may not work for another, but I LOVE the simplicity of her routine. She doesn’t have products cluttering her space and she knows the results are guaranteed every time. She knows exactly what’s going on her hair; there are no extras or unnatural ingredients. I want that too. I want to be able to have a total of three products on my dresser and know that I don’t need anything else.  I don’t mind experimenting and her regimen doesn’t seem harmful so I’m going to give it a try. Thirty days can’t hurt. I’m going to count tomorrow as day one because I plan on trimming my ends….fresh start and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment