Friday, August 3, 2012

Product Junkie Rehab

It's RIDICULOUS how many products I have. Do I honestly need 15 conditioners? Do I need 8 different cleansers for hair that gets washed once a week? Good grief my product junkism knows no bounds! I've been eyeing my stash recently and it's official, this ish has got to go! I am COMMITTED to not buying a single thing until I use up some of this stuff. I'm serious. No more stopping my CVS and picking up my Tressame simply because its on sale. No trying the latest CG friendly shampoo (Yeah..my local CVS now has the Curls line, Shea Moisture, and Nubian Heritage...dammit). After I use up some things then I can start looking at new stuff, but until then I'm giving hair products the cold shoulder.

In addition I'm not buying any hair accessories either. I've barely worn a headband or flower or bow in the last few weeks...so why am I always looking at the latest shiny bobble at CVS just because it's buy one get one free? Until I get some length I am gonna steer clear of hair decorations.

The only purchase I will make is for plastic caps (but only when I start to run out). No bobby pins, no scarves, no hair clips, zip!

I must be strong. Honestly sometimes I feel like a crackhead walking by the beauty supply store, itching for something that I don't even need! It's crazy.

So what spurred this rehab? Well I'm getting married in about a year and a half and since the fiance and I have been talking budgets, I realize I really need to be more frugal in my spending and more generous in my saving. Wish me luck folks! It's gonna be hard. If I make it to the end of the year without buying anything that will be a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment