Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Self Challenge: Jamaican Black Castor Oil

I've been eyeballing Jamaican Black Castor Oil for some time and I'll admit I own a bottle, but I've not used it for anything other than my Kimmaytube Leave-In, which I only just recently made and started using. Today I decided to hop on Google and look of the benefits of JBCO.

JBCO Can:

  1. Increase hair growth
  2. Thicken hair that is starting to thin out
  3. Reduce and prevent hair damage
  4. Eliminate dry hair
  5. Make the hair fuller and shinier
  6. Deeply condition and moisturize hair and scalp
  7. Prevents dry scalp
  8. Boost your hair’s overall health
Sounds good to me! Since I seem to benefit from setting up mini/short term challenges for myself, I've decided that not only will I continue my finger detangling challenge that I started at the end of March, but May's challenge will be to use JBCO on my scalp at least twice a week, focusing on my edges and nape which are fairly thin, and I'll be setting my other oils aside for the month and using JBCO to seal my ends. I'll admit, I've read that JBCO can be thick and hard to apply so if it seems that I'm having issues with it, I'll probably pair it with a lighter oil like Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Apricot Kernal Oil or Almond Oil...whichever. I've also read that some people experienced increased shedding and scalp irritation when applying JBCO to their scalp, so if I notice that happening I will definitely stop and probably just use it on the length of my hair.

Instead of waiting until Tuesday (May 1), I'll probably start this challenge on Saturday or Sunday, when I wash and condition my hair...in fact I may even apply some JBCO to my scalp tonight and baggy. We'll see! I'll make sure to post a starting pick so we can see if there's a noticeable difference at the end of May.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    its really nice post. i apprentice for your post. thanks for shearing it with us. keep it up.
    Jamaican Black Castor

    ReplyDelete