Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Product in Review: Karen’s Body Beautiful Butter Love

Cost: $18.00 (200ml)
Ingredients: Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Aloe Butter, Essential and or Fragrance Oils, Grapefruit Seed Oil, Vitamin E
If your hair can handle thick butters like Shea Butter or if it doesn’t get weighed down easily, I would recommend this, but I think it's smarter to save some money and just buy a large jar of unrefined shea butter. I will say that this stuff is great when it comes to sealing in moisture, and it also imparts a nice sheen to the hair. I’ve used this mostly as a sealant and I’ve also used it to two strand twist my hair because I found that the thicker butters can provide enough hold to keep my twists intact; and the results always led to pretty nice twist outs too!
Would I buy this again though? Probably not! Why? Because although it’s great as a sealant and has really nice ingredients, I can get like two pounds of Shea Butter and make my own stuff for a lot cheaper. KBB can be expensive and for something like butters, I find that spending more doesn’t change the fact that you’re still getting plain ol’ shea butter with a few added extra oils. Most oils are pretty cheap and last a long time, so I’d recommend stocking up and experiment with making your own stuff. If you’d rather just buy something and the price is alright with you, than yeah I would recommend the Butter Love, but in all honestly I’m sure there are tons of products out there that do just as good of a job sealing the moisture in your hair for a lot less. Heck you could use plain shea butter and that would work just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment