Thursday, April 5, 2012

Product in Review: As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleasing Conditoner


Cost: $8.00 (16oz)
Perks: Silicone Free, Sulfate Free, Paraben Free, Glycerin Free, Protein Free
Ingredients: Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificada, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cetyl Alcohol², Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol², PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearlkonium chloride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil¹, Phytosterols¹, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract¹, Quaternium-18, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone. Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut

Where to Buy: Sally’s, curlmart.com, asiamnaturally.com
For the 16oz size of this jar I think the price is right! And if you like coconut, then you’ll love the scent. I really love the smell of this stuff. The consistency of the product is thick, almost reminds me of a custard and I know this jar is going to last me a while. Since it’s the only thing in my shower right now, I’m sure I’ll get through it before summer though. It’s a great product to use for those of you who like to refresh your WnG often (I try to go for second day hair, therefore I cowash every other day…but sometimes I do get in and cowash my hair every day, if not I’ll just wet it).
When I first used this, I was a little iffy about liking it because it felt like it had no slip. Since then I’ve used maybe about three more times and I’ve discovered that it does help with detangling if you leave it on for a bit first. So I’ll apply when I immediately step in the shower and won’t rinse it out until I know I’m about to get out. After it sat on my hair a bit, my fingers and Denman brush were gliding right through my hair. I haven’t tried using this product as a leave-in and I’m not sure if I will since it is technically for cowashing…but then again I use a lot of rinse out conditioners as leave-ins so…guess I gotta try it at least once right?
I think this product does a decent job of cleaning your scalp and removing some gunk from your hair. I won’t say it removes a lot and you’ll definitely want to shampoo at the end of the week, but to get your hair through the week than this works. Now that I think about it, I’m really diggin’ it as a cowash/conditioner and I’d be interested to see how it works as a DC too.
My final thoughts:
This product provides decent slip, smells great, and for 16oz is pretty affordable. Will I repurchase? I’m going to have to say I’m not quite sure yet. While I do like this product, I feel like there are cheaper things I can get on the ground for my cowashes. For instance I’d much rather use the Tressame Naturals instead of this. Would I still recommend it? If you’re a product junkie and just love trying different products than I would totally say go for it! But personally I just can’t see this product turning into a Holy Grail. There’s just not enough wow factor for me to really want to buy it again. I know some people love it and some don’t, and while I like it, I can’t quite see myself getting it again (but heck who knows, I might fall in love with it the more I use it). I have some more of their products in my arsenal that I haven’t tried yet (Elation Hydration and the Smoothing Gel) and there are some others that I want to try, but again I’ll wait until I use up some stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment