Thursday, March 22, 2012

Twisted WnG


I swear I’m so ADD when it comes to my hair. In yesterday’s post I was talking about keeping my two strand twists in until Friday and then wearing a twist out….so tell me why I started untwisting my hair last night while still at work? Good thing too because I was not liking how the twist out was looking…for some reason the ends of the hair were looking kind of straight and overall the twists looked stringy. I think my twists look best when there are fewer of them and when they are bigger, but overall I think I like the look of flat twists better; they give my hair the most stretch. I think if I do the smaller two strand twists, I will just wear them as a low maintenance style and pin them up for a protective style and not even bother with a twist out.
So, with all that being said, I removed the two strand twists last night and I had plans on wearing a high bun today, but when I woke up this morning, I decided I wanted to shower and cowash my hair so that I could wear a WnG. I cowashed with the As I Am Coconut Cowash, but I didn’t really disturb my hair too much. Mostly I let the water hit it, and then smoothed my hands over my hair. When I applied the conditioner, I applied it to my scalp and massaged a bit, and rinsed. I did not rake my fingers through my hair at all.
Once out of the shower I quickly applied my It’s a Miracle 10 Leave-In Conditioner to my hair and followed this up with the Curls Unleashed Set It Off Curl Boosting Jelly (full review to come later). Again I didn’t rake the product through, but mostly smoothed it onto my hair because I wanted to keep the look of a twist out mixed in with the WnG. It worked pretty well! Yes my hair is all shrunken up, but I like it that way. When it’s got too much hang, you can kind of see that my hair is growing out into a mullet sort of shape and I don’t like that, but when it shrinks up it kind of looks like tapered cut which is pretty cute. Tonight I’ll either baggy and try to get second day hair, or I’ll cowash in the morning and restyle.  I do want to say that this is such a soft WnG for the definition I’m getting. Usually I like to use heavier gels so I can get the best curl definition, but I hate the crunch the gels cause and I can’t seem to quite scrunch out the crunch, even when I apply oils. So this Curl Boosting Jelly might have to be a keeper…I’ll play with it some more and see.




No comments:

Post a Comment