Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Today's WnG Plus A Mini Product Review

I did a fresh WnG today, probably one of the quickest ones I've ever done, and I'm pleased with the results...mostly. I'm also calling this a mini product review because today was the first time using the Jane Carter Solutions Curl Defining Cream for my WnG. So let's recap what I did to achieve this look...and the steps were surprisingly minimal.

After today's workout, I cowashed in the shower with my Shea Moisture Purification Masque. I left my hair soaking wet and stepped out of the shower to apply the Curl Defining Creme. Normally for my WnGs, I apply some type of leave-in, seal, and then apply a styler/gel on top, raking the products through; this time around I used only the Jane Carter.

Here are the ingredients:
Purified Water, Extracts of Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioica (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops),of Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propanediol, Poly-quaternium-100, Citric Acid , Polyquaternium-47, Ceteareth 20 , Phen-oxyethanol, Caprylyl, Glycol, Sorbic acid, Fragrance. 

Here's what the 16oz jar complete with nifty pump has to say about the product:
     
We are so excited about the launch of our newest Jane Carter Solution product, Curl Defining Cream…it took longer than we anticipated but the end result is far better than we ever dreamed possible.
Eliminate curl shrinkage! Curl Defining Cream is light-weight, all natural product formulated to lengthen and define your natural curl pattern while drying to a soft, shiny, bouncy finish.
Water soluble, Curl Defining Cream washes and dries clean without leaving any film, offering the true luxury of “wash and wear” hair!

Now, my thoughts on the products. First and foremost, I do not like the smell. It's a little strong and kind of trying to be flowery/lemony...but smelling a little like dish soap. But whatever, I never care too much about smells unless it's completely horrible. The product went on nicely, nothing like a gel where I saw instantaneous definition, but still my hair was curling up nicely. I was heavy handed this first time around, because it's my first time and all, so I'll have to experiment with this product some more, but I like how my hair looks, but the product definitely didn't minimize shrinkage at all! In fact I think my hair is more shrunken now than it's ever been when I do a WnG with gel...but since I don't mind shrinkage, I'm not ready to disqualify this product just yet. I do like that my hair is soft and not crunchy, and I think it'll look great in the morning if I baggy overnight...we'll see. The product did go on white, but I think that's because I was so heavy handed, but it dried fairly quickly and the white went away. In fact, my hair is drying faster with this WnG than my usual WnGs.

For now I will say I like the product, but like I said I'll have to keep experimenting with with it and see how it goes. I will say this will not be one of my holy grails. This 16oz jar cost 34 bucks! I'll buy it again if I ever get a half off coupon for it, but for now, for what I'm getting, I think it's just too much.




Me likey the definition of the curls

So shrunken! Hard to believe that hair is nearly shoulder length

Yes, I took these photos in the bathroom here at work....smh.

No comments:

Post a Comment