Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Second Day Hair! It is possible

I just wanted to come on here quick and share with you all how I achieved second day hair. I've never tried this method before. Usually I retwist my hair at night, but since I work two jobs and don't get home until 11:30pm and have to get up again at 6:15am, I didn't want to waste precious sleep time retwisting my hair. I decided to try Naptural85's method of maintaining a twist out, which is to gently and loosely bun the hair, which also helps to stretch the curls and add length.

Last night when I got home, I lightly spritzed my hair with a mix of water and aloe vera juice, applied Bhranjani (spelling?) oil to my scalp and to my hair. I massaged for a bit, trying my best not to disturb the curls. The front section I did flat twist, so that area would be more defined, but for the back I just loosely pulled it back into a bun with a satin scrunchi. Over this I wore a silk wig cap, followed by my satin bonnet.

This morning I removed the bun and lightly sprtized my hair again, applied some KBB creamilicious to seal, and fluffed. The twist out held up really well! I undid the flat twists in the front, and the defined twist out framing the face makes the overall look neater. I was going to do this method again tonight, but it's raining tomorrow and I'm not sure I want to wear my hair down again. We'll see. I do think I could get third day hair though and maybe fourth before I start really looking the definition. We'll experiment and see.





No comments:

Post a Comment