Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January Styles: Coils and a Wash and Go

I feel like I’ve been doing a lot of manipulation to my hair recently, although technically I really haven’t. A week ago I did some coils with a flat twist in the front, but they didn’t turn out as well as my last set…probably because I didn’t use a gel or anything very heavy to get them to hold their shape. I didn’t really mind though because I was wearing the style under my new wig anyway. After that I  washed my hair  and decided to attempt Naptural85’s Perfect Winter Wash and Go. The only thing different that I did was put a little grape seed oil on my hair was I was still in the shower, than twisted each section.
I must say I really liked how this came out. The best part was that my hair was soft and still had a lot of movement! When I typically wash and go, I shingle in some eco style gel so that my curls get super defined, the only downside, my hair is usually left nice and crunchy, and barely moves. I love the definition but hate how my hair feels. With this wash and go, I loved how my hair was still soft. Plus my hair dried a lot quicker than a regular WnG. I definitely will be trying this method again. I didn’t attempt her “how to maintain” a wash and go, since I opted to style my hair differently, but next time I do this, I’ll challenge myself to make it last five days!





No comments:

Post a Comment