Monday, November 7, 2011

Laziness and Protective Styling at their best!

I've been so lazy about my hair and I don't care! I went a week and a half without washing which I won't make the mistake of again. Well the actual problem was that I was applying product every day on top of product and it caused enough build up that my hair turned white when I got it wet to shampoo! Thinking I could do my regular wash routine, I rinsed my hair and applied my mud wash, rubbed it in, rinsed and....wait a minute, my hair was still white and felt gunky and thick with build up. Uh oh. ACV to the rescue! I applied some diluted ACV to the roots of my hair and along the length and rubbed it in. I rinsed and...there was still build up. What the hell! Back to the mudwash. Rinsed and still saw some build up and decided to heck with it and applied my homemade DC of avocado, evoo, coconut oil, lavender essential oil, greek yogurt, and acv. I applied it to my hair and put on a plastic cap and my heat therapy wrap for half an hour. I rinsed in the shower and as a final step rubbed in a little more mud wash.

While I still saw a tiny amount of white still, my hair actually felt nice and soft and detangled, but my scalp felt abused and I just couldn't fathom washing my hair again. So I just applied some KBB Sweet Ambrosia, sealed with Baby Oil, and combed through my hair before doing a flat twist updo with two strand twisted bangs. Over this I put a satin scarf and a beanie and left the bangs exposed. For the past few weeks this has been my style of choice. Every night I've been sprtizing the hair, resealing, and baggying. I kept the flat twisted style in for only two days before taking down, spritzing and pulling back into a low banana clip bun. I think after cycling tomorrow I'll use my mud wash...

I was going to wash my hair once a week but I've recently introduced a new product into my regimen. Blue Magic Hair Grease! I know I know! Horror! Since I've gone natural I've read everywhere that grease is bad for your hair and blah blah blah, and in all honesty I was going to go all natural and organic with my hair...only I think my hair didn't want to be organic. While I love the mudwash and I did get rid of a lot of products, sealing has been a problem. Every only seems to just not seal and soften as they should...so I bought the blue magic...especially as a product for the winter. What do you know, my hair feels nice! Soft and moisturize and not in the least bit greasy. I don't apply it to my scalp at all, I use Wild Growth Oil for that before baggying. I'm going to continue using it and monitor how my hair does and we'll see how it goes.

So my November regimen is as follows:

Wash bi weekly
Apply Karen Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia or Hair Nectar
Seal with Blue Magic
Some kind of flat twist style.
Every night Sunday through Thursday, baggy hair before bed. On these nights, apply Wild Growth Oil to scalp
In the morning let hair air dry if damp, put on satin scarf and hat.
Friday and Saturday I'll just wear a bun or something...nothing fancy.
That's it!

On a side note my scalp is feeling very tender...we'll have to keep an eye on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment