Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Honey and Terressentials Mud Wash!

I finally got the urge to try a honey and olive oil rinse/pre poo thing. I've been reading up on the benefits of honey and I've really wanted to give this mixture a try. Sunday I rinsed my hair with water and finger detangled a bit to get my hair loose and ready for application. In a small bowl I mixed about 1/3 cup of olive oil and added about 2tbs of honey and mixed these all together. On a whim I added the last remnants of this oil mixture I had (coconut oil, etc). I applied the mixture to my hair section by section and really worked it into my hair. My hair was feeling soft even just applying it so I knew something good was going to happen. After it was applied I put on a plastic cap and sat under my heating cap on medium for twenty minutes. I wasn't sure if the heat cap was necessary, but it was kind of nice sitting there with it on and I figured if meant the product would penetrate my hair better than so be it. After twenty minutes I removed the heat cap but left the plastic cap on and decided to give my dog a bath. So all and all I think the product was on my hair for about 35 minutes in total. I rinsed with warm water thouroughly.

My hair was feeling so soft afterwards! Plus it looked shiny and the curls looked good too. But I wanted to used my Terressentials Lavender hair wash so I applied that to my wet hair and worked it into the scalp and along the hair. I left that on about twenty minutes without heat as I did things around the house and finally got in the shower to rinse. Finger detangling was a breeze as always, maybe even easier since I did the honey rinse first. I twisted my hair in the shower to let it and sat around with my micro towel until the hair dried.

Oh as you may have guessed, the mini twists only lasted a week. They weren't really looking too fuzzy or anything, but I just wanted to do my hair so I took them out. After my hair dried post Hair Wash, I went section by section and spritzed with my aloe vera juice/water mix. I swear this combo acts as an instant detangler for my because my denman brush was gliding right through my hair. I only applied my whipped Shea Butter mix (maybe a little heavy handedly) on top of this and twisted the hair in larger sections. This was my first time using the Shea Butter mix that I made and my hair looked so soft and shiny! It was amazing and it felt great too. I twisted all my hair and pinned it up and went to bed. This week I've had my hair pinned up in the twists and I've been wearing differed hats and head scarfs (on top of a satin scarf of course). I haven't had to do my hair at all, plus it still feels soft and moisturized. The twists are looking fuzzy, but since I'm not wearing my hair out I don't really care. Tomorrow I plan on wearing another head covering, but I think Friday I'm going to take all the twists out and wear a twist-out through the weekend.

I think this will be my key to length retention. While the weather isn't freezing cold yet, I've been covering my hair anyway. I think next week I'll wear a WnG's for a few days, just to give myself that styling option, but once it gets cold it'll be twists, hats, hats, and more hats!

By the way I'm loving the Terressentials Hair Wash. It's amazing! I'm using that, Boticelli Botanicals Flax gelee (when I'm doing a WnG) and my Shea Butter mix. I also have some organic oils to use as a sealer, but that's basically all that's going on my hair these days. I'm currently selling all my other products on hair sites and whatever is left over I'll give to my sisters or mother.

Pics of the second week of twists. A lot chunkier and again they stayed pinned back under a satin scarf and various head adornments: scarves, hats, snoods.





No comments:

Post a Comment