Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hair Detox!

Hello All!

So I used my Terressentials Mud Wash for the first time today and I love it! I have the sample size of the products and to start I'm using the Sultry Spice. I heard reviews that a lot of people didn't like the scent, but I really enjoyed it. The directions say to do a 5-7 day detox. Since I haven't really been using too many silicones in my hair I think I'll just do 5 days. Today I did three washes, but tomorrow I think I'll just do two. I was going to try and be brave today and just wear a wash n go without any product...but I just made some flaxseed gel/gelatin combo and I decided to apply that to my hair and followed that with my coconut whipped oil mixture thing.

I made my flaxseed gel a little differently this time. I used 1/4 cup of seeds and then boiled 1 cup of water and 1 cup of aloe vera juice. I should have definitely boiled the product longer because it's wasn't very thick...so I mixed up some plain gelatin and added that to the mix. I liked how it turned out and my hair looks pretty decent today, but it's still a lot crunchier than I thought, so back to the drawing board! I saw a recipe for a different homemade gel so once my jar is empty I'll try making that.

My hair is still crunchy, but I spritzed it with some water and applied a little more oil and that helped a bit. As for the Terressentials I like it. It made my scalp feel kind of tingly and my hair felt soft and the curls looked amazing afterwards. With the product in my hair, my hair actually hung down a bit instead of shrinking up. I was sad to rinse it out, but what can you do?





WnG pulled up into a puff with a headband. Pretty simply and easy

No comments:

Post a Comment