Saturday, September 24, 2011

What Do You Know!

So it turns out I can still put my hair up in a bun! I wore a wash n go for two days in a row and my hair was looking kind of this morning and I had work tonight and honestly didn't feel like bothering with another wash n go so I hopped in the shower and rinsed my hair, before applying some Suave Naturals Coconut conditioner. When I first used this conditioner I didn't like it, but I've been cowashing with it a lot more recently and I'm realizing it's not too bad! It actually gives some decent slip. Anyway, I applied this to my hair and detangled. Once out of the shower I applied some Kinky Curly Knot Today and used my denman brush to pull everything back. First off, normally when I wear my hair pulled back, the front always looks so wispy, even if I use gel along my edges. This time around all the hair actually went back pretty smoothly. I did use a little eco styler gel along the edges. I also used a banana clip for this bun and just tucked and pinned the ends under. I did have to use a lot more hair clips then normal to keep the shorter strands of hair back, but other than that I'm so excited I can still do a bun! I don't mind wearing my hair out, but with the way my hands are always in my hair, it's much better for me to keep my hair back. So yeah, I'm going to do this banana clip bun through Monday and then cowash and probably wear a wash n go Tuesday or something or maybe another bun. Who knows, I usually decide how I want to wear my hair the evening before.

On a side note, running my hand over my hair now, my hair feels so soft! I love it. When I go to bed later I'll take out my bun mainly because I'm sure the center is still wet and I don't like to keep a bun in my hair too long if the hair is wet. For bed, if I know I'm going to be rocking buns for a few days, I'll usually pull my hair back into two low pigtails, just to keep the hair stretched, but it also opens up the middle so that the hair can continue drying. I don't have a picture of my hair or anything, but I've posted a similar banana clip bun before and it's not any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment