Thursday, September 1, 2011

Product Review: Suave Professionals Rosemary and Mint Conditioner

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera], Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acid, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
* Certified Organic Ingredient

First and foremost, you may notice that this conditioner is cone free, which is great for the ladies out there doing the CG method. This is also a cheap conditioner, costing approximately $3.50, that can be found in most drug stores. I got mine at Giant Grocery Store and on sale for $3.00. I love finding cone free conditioners that are cheap and easily accessible, not that I'm doing the CG method or anything. I don't mind using cones, but I just have to clarify a lot more when I do.

So what can I say about the conditioner, well...it's good but it didn't wow me. This is another conditioner that works best when you let it sit on your hair for a bit, before detangling and rinsing out. The smell is great! I love rosemary and it really has a lot of great benefits, one of which is that is increases circulation and therefore promotes hair growth.  Despite liking the smell, this product just doesn't give enough slip for me. Usually when I rinse out a conditioner my hair still feels silky, like the conditioner is still in. Not so much with this. My hair actually felt kind of...rough? Not hard or anything, but just not as soft as I would have liked. Because of that, once I finish up the bottle,  I won't purchase this product again. That doesn't mean that others shouldn't try it. Remember that how a product works for someone elses hair, doesn't mean it'll work the same for you. Plus different ingredients work better for different people. This obviously has something in it that didn't work so great for me, but could be the bee's knees for someone else!

I also have the Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner. I haven't used it yet, but when I do I'll make sure to come back on here and review that product and maybe compare the two. The ingredients looks quite similar but I do well with Shea Butter so we'll see!

Hope this helped a Product Junkie out there! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment