Thursday, August 25, 2011

Product Review: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner

So I've been thinking of starting some video reviews of products. My camera isn't the best and I'm going to have to figure out video editing and everything, but doesn't hurt to try right? I'll try to do that for my next product review.

Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner for Dry/Damaged Hair:
Ingredients: Water, cetearyl alcohol, palm oil, behentrimonium chloride, apple fruit extract, glycerin, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, niacinamide, pyridoxine hci, shea butter, citric acid, olive fruit oil, sugar cane extract, benzyl alcohol, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, avocado oil, black currant seed oil, linalool, lemon peel extract, CI 19140, camellia sinensis leaf extract, CI 15985, parfum.
What's Great About It: silicone free, sulfate free, paraben free, protein free  (Which is really good if your doing the Curly Girl Method)

Anyway, I just recently finished off my bottle of the GFTN (Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition). I kind of like to really use/finish a product before talking about it, just to make sure I'm giving a decent opinion of the product. Plus sometimes a product seems great and other days it's like "What is this crap?" so...I had to be sure.

The GFTN Conditioner was nice. I found that applying it to my hair and letting it sit for a minute while I did other shower things helped it soak in a little better. Afterwards, detangling was a breeze. If I tried to go straight to the detangling process, the comb just didn't glide through as easily.

I only used this product as a rinse out, since it was cheap and can be found on the ground practically anywhere. Now with a lot of Garnier Fructis products, the scent an be really strong and sometimes I love it and sometimes I don't. If you're sensitive to smells I wouldn't recommend it, because it can be overpowering. But if you like a stronger scent with your hair products go for it!

Although I liked the slip this gave my hair, I can't tell if it actually made my hair 3X stronger. I still suffered the same amount of shedding. That being said, I would probably purchase this again, but not necessarily because I'm making it a staple. I think this would be a good product if you need something quick and cheap for a rinse out conditioner. I've also used a little as a leave in, just to have my hair smelling good and it worked great that way as well. Thinking about it, I kind of wish I had tried the product as a deep conditioner. It really does make your hair soft the longer it sits on your hair, I can only imagine keeping it on for an hour with heat.

Like I said, it helps to let it sit before detangling. This made detangling so much easier for me! I will advocate this product if you're on a budget too. Trust me this product won't disappoint if you're trying to save a few dollars. I have other products that cost triple the amount and work like crap. I don't think great products have to necessarily be expensive products. For a cheap, on the ground item, this would be a wonderful conditioner added to anyone's arsenal, especially if you're doing the CG thing and can't afford some of the more expensive CG friendly products. If you're starting out on the natural hair care thing, sometimes cheaper products are better to work with while you figure out your hair needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment