Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One Month Down, Five to Go!

So this marks the passing of the first month in the Hairscapades Grow Out Challenge. What have I learned in this month’s time? I’ve learned that my hair grows at an extremely slow rate. In all honestly it doesn’t even look like my hair grew this month, which is just sad…because I’m doing so many things right! I have been moisturizing and sealing my hair consistently and I’ve been wearing a lot of updos so…you think I’d have retained something.
On my other blog I talked about starting a thing called Simplified September, which basically means I’m making my life/lifestyle a lot more simple for an entire month. So maybe I will do something similar to my hair? I haven’t figured out what I will do exactly. I’ve been thinking about limiting the products I can use, which will be a good way to deplete my stock a bit. For instance stick with one shampoo, one conditioner, leave-in/moisturize (maybe even just water hahaha) and one oil to seal. Nothing more nothing less. I won’t even do my mega-tek or deity serum on my scalp…yeah! Sorry, I just got motivated to do this. I’m going to pick one shampoo and conditioner, water will be my moisturizer and castor oil will be my sealant. Everything else I’m going to put away for a month. Jeez I’m biting my nails just thinking about trying this! I love all my products so it’ll be hard to stick with just a few.
So here’s going to be my simplified September regimen:
Wash: Once every two weeks with my Deity Plant Shampoo
Cowash: Mid week, once a week, with Suave Naturals Rosemary and Mint Conditioner
Deep Condition: Carol’s Daughter Tui Smoothie Once a week
Daily Moisturizer: Spritz hair with water (plus a little rosemary oil)
Seal Daily: Castor Oil
That will be it! My style will be a bun, any kind, and I’ll change it daily so that I don’t keep tension at the same spot on my hair. And in the evenings I’ll do the baggy method.
Fingers crossed that I can pull this off! (I’m at work and I can’t wait to get home and put all my other products away into hiding).

No comments:

Post a Comment