Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hair TLC During A Hurricane

Hurricane Irene has come and gone and as a resident of Silver Spring, Maryland I can honestly say it wasn't that bad. Since the boyfriend and I were stuck in doors, I figured it was the perfect time to give my hair a little love. I started off by prepooing with saw palmetto growth oil, which I kept on my hair and scalp for two hours. I followed this with my new Cream of Nature Argan Oil shampoo...loved that stuff! It didn't leave my hair feeling dry or stripped at all, and I was even able to detangle a little with my fingers while I had it in. I followed this with my Alter Ego Garlic Mask. I had heard a lot about this product and really liked how it made my hair feel. I left it on my hair for thirty minutes with my heating cap, rinsed with cold water and deep conditioned with my Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask. It was back under the heat cap but this time for an hour while I made dinner and what not. This reminds me that I should do a review of all these products...so i will make sure I get one to you in the next few days.

I rinsed my hair with cold water again and was happy that my hair felt nice and soft and looked shiny too. Now I wasn't sure what I wanted to do style wise...I've been wearing my hair up a lot but I kind of wanted to wear a twist out at some point this week. So I used Shea moisture smoothie, some kera care leave in, and kera care mist and started putting in medium size twists. I will probably keep these in a few days and then wear a twist out for labor day weekend...but I have a check in coming up for my GOC and I kind of want to try a roller set...so yeah, maybe the twist out will be done sooner than later. Either way my hair feels super soft right now...did something right this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment