Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Hair = Wash N Go


I've decided that I need to put the summer time to good use. For a few days now, I've been wearing my hair up in a bun, but then I realized that's how my hair would be styled for most of the winter time. How boring! Don't get me wrong, I understand the perks of bunning the hair as a way to retain length, but summer time is probably one of the better times to wear the hair out, mainly because the atmosphere isn't dry and cold.

That being said, I've decided to make the wash n go/ wash n go puff, my go to style for the rest of the summer. Not only is it low maintenance, but this means I get to do the baggy method every night as a way to keep my hair moisturized and freshly curly for the next day, without having to constantly co-wash or get the hair soaking wet. I will probably co wash every other day though, or maybe even just rinse with water and sealing before baggying.

I usually like to pull my wash n go into a puff, but I always leave the bangs...the shortest part of my hair, flat twisted since it doesn't always fit back into the puff. If not in a puff, I just leave the hair 'out' so it can do its thing.

Now I plan on experimenting with products for my wash n go, to figure out which product will give me the best results. Last night, after rinsing and co washing with Herbal Essence Totally Twisted (I can't wait until this is all gone. Definitely wasn't overly impressed) I left my hair soaking wet and applied Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie to sections of hair. This was my only stlyer (besides a little mega-tek along my edges) and then I put on a plastic cap and scarf and called it a night. This morning, my hair was soft and defined, but still had a 'white' residue from the smoothie. I simply smoothed my hand over my hair, not disturbing the curls so I don't get frizz, and smoothed until the white dissipated enough for me to leave for work. There were still bits of white, but it left once my hair dried. I really like the results.

I think this is definitely a style I can keep up with (at least until fall, then I may start back up with two-strand twisting) and the added benefit is moisturized hair.

On a side note...I'm wondering if I have thinning edges. I can't figure out if it's my hairline or thinning edges...I think it's my hairline, but for now I'm applying megatek to this area to see if the hair will get any thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment