Monday, July 11, 2011

Product Review: Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle

White Flakes!

Hate the white flakes. Love the curl definition.

CIAB and EVOO. Not as defined, but I like it.
I've been experimenting a lot with wash n gos, because it's summer time and it's one of the better times to wear my hair out, especially because in the cooler months I prefer to keep everything tucked away. So I did a wash n go Saturday night in the shower with Herbal Essence Curl Conditioner (name is wrong) and then applied IC W/Olive Oil gel on top. The result was a nice set of curls, but my hair was white! And I was like two minutes away from going out for the night, so I quickly tried to scrunch my hair with a micro fiber towel, which helped a bit to lessen the white but ruined the curls. I had to leave, so I just hoped no one would notice the bits of white flakes in my hair.

Sunday morning, my hair was tightly matted to my head a bit and because I wanted to try a wash and go again, I quickly hopped in the shower and applied some Suave Coconut Conditioner to my hair, combed through with my Denman Brush to detangle and rinsed. I left my hair soaking wet and decided to try my Curls in a Bottle. All I can say is wow! It really defined my curls and I love the kind of watery, slippery fill of it. I also felt that it provided a decent amount of moisture and maybe even a little hold.

I did section my hair in two and applied about three medium palm fulls overall, which may have been overload, but I wanted to start with more instead of less. I didn't use any gel on top and simply used a little olive oil and wala! It looked great! Sorry no picture. But I loved that my hair dried soft instead of crunchy, which has been my main concern with wash n gos. Even my bangs looked okay, and they always look straight and weird when I wash n go.

I did by the Curl Junkie Gel to accomapy the Curls in a Bottle, but haven't used to two in combo yet, maybe this weekend. I was planning on wearing my hair out this week, but last night decided to turn the wash n go into a bun. It was surprisingly easy and I only combed out the front and flat twists the hair and used a loose headband to pull the back into a low puff before twisting the bits of hair to make the cinnabun. would be better so I flat twisted the front and did a cinnabun in the back. Since I'm feeling lazy, I'll probably wear the same style tomorrow and redo the bun Wednesday and make it a little higher.

But back to Curls in a Bottle

Ingredients: Water, Hydroethylcellulose, Agave Nectar, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Matricaria Recuitita (Chamomile) Flower Water, PVP, Panthenol, PEG-8 Dimethicone*, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-8 Raspberriate**, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance. *Water soluble-rinses clean!, **Derived from Raspberry Oil.

I'm kinda sad that there are cones in the product, but it really did help keep frizz at bay, which is something I get with glycerin heavy products.

All in all, my review is that it's a great product if you're looking to do a softer wash n go. It defines without the crunch and still made my hair soft and moisturized. It's definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment