Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Loving My Flat Two Strand Twist Out

The Results!

Fluffy!

The more I use the Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, the more I love it! Yesterday I wore my hair pulled back with a hair magic comb and had the front flat twisted. The magic comb I was wearing gave me a headache, it's the only one that does so I think that's a sign to stop using it. Anway, so after work I went and worked out, and like usual I get extremely sweaty and prefer to rinse or co-wash my hair after my workouts.

Before rinsing though, I applied cayenne pepper to my scalp and massage my scalp for a bit, until I had a good tingle going. Cayenne pepper is supposed to help with growth because it stimulates blood flow. This is only my second time doing this, but I like the tingly feeling...well more like a tingly burning feeling but it doesn't hurt.

I let that sit an hour, while I ate and read a book, and then rinsed it out. Note to self, be careful when rinsing out cayenne pepper, that stuff stings the eyes! After rinsing, I used my Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner and detangled with my Denman brush (love that Denman). My hair felt pretty good once I rinse out the conditioner. Soft. After briefly drying my hair with my microfiber towel, I applied some Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Conditioner (I don't like this as an actual conditioner, but it works as a great leave in). I forgot to seal...I've been forgetting all week and just sectioned my hair into four.

Now my plan was to wear my hair back this week, but I was thinking it's summer time and one of the better times to wear the hair out before I really have to put it into protective hiding for the winter months. So I decided I wanted to flat twist my hair and wear it out for the rest of the week.

Enter Curls in a Bottle and Curl Queen Hair Styling Gel. I applied the CIAB first, parted the hair and applied the gel to flat twist. I'm getting so much better at flat twisting. I may never be able to corn row, but that's okay. I've tried a braid out and I didn't like how my hair looked. Maybe once it's longer I can try it again.

So I did my whole head, tied on a scarf and went to bed. This morning, I put some EVCO on my fingertips and untwisted my hair. The EVCO is great for getting the extra shine and to prevent frizz. My hair looked great this morning! One of my best twist outs and definitely think it was the Curl Junkie products. They are both glycerin free and I'm still trying to see if my hair like glycerin or not. For August I'm going to use products with glycerin to see how my hair fairs, I kind of want to save the Curl Junkie products for winter, when using glycerin isn't the best thing in cold weather.

Anyway, my hair is quite defined and frizz free this morning. The only thing I don't like is that I styled my hair while it was still wet, so the shrinkage today is annoying, but if I flat twist my hair again tonight I may get more stretch out of it. But I have to be careful with flat twisting daily.  I read a blog where a girl experience a lot of thinning and breaking along her edges because of flat twisting. But I don't do mine very tight and I've never had a problem with my edges so I should be ok.

I have pictures to post, but that will have to wait until I upload them.
Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment