Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Henna and Me

I love henna. I love the reddish tint it gives to my hair and I love that it strengthens and conditions, all at the same time. I did a henna treatment recently with the Jamila henna I used previously. I had some leftovers that I froze, so I defrosted and used that on Friday night. I thought I had a lot more, but I only ended up being able to do the front half of my hair. For the back I did curlnikki's quick henna method and once everything was applied, I put on my heating cap for the next two hours. I wanted to do the treatment longer, but I was getting tired and didn't want to go to bed with henna in my hair. So I rinsed and loved the results. My roots don't seem to pick up the henna very well though.

After rinsing I applied my Hollywood Beauty Morrocan Argan Oil Deep Conditioner and a plastic cap and went to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up to my nape area really itching/burning. I scratched at but didn't get up to rinse it out and fell back asleep. The next morning, I woke up earlier than intended because the nape was still itching/burning and I couldn't take it anymore. I rinsed in the sink with cool water and it helped, but the  nape still felt itchy. I've DC'd over night with the HBMAODC before, so I don't know if I was reacting to that or the quick henna. Either way, I'm a little weary about DCing with that stuff overnight again. My nape is only just now beginning to feel normal again. I didn't lose any hair or experience breakage, so I think my scalp just go irritated by something.

I don't think I can pull off a fro
Anyway, I've got enough henna to do two more treatments. I think I'll do one at the end of July and end of August and then stop. I prefer darker hair in the fall/winter and I'm kind of missing it. I love the auburn hue to my hair but I think dark definitely suits me more. Plus I think my BF would prefer I stop doing henna anyway. Granted I could make the mix in a way that gives me more brown than red...but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment