Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heat Wave

Temps are rising in good ol' Maryland and I just couldn't leave my hair exposed to all that heat. I know I said I'd be doing wash n gos, but I was watching a ton of youtube videos today and came across a lot of two strand twist updos. So I decided to give it a try.

Now I admit, I'm still learning and trying to get the hang of two strand flat twists, but despite that I think I did alright with this style. I was wearing the same wash n go since Tuesday today and boy was my hair tangled! I had to detangle stat, so I hopped in the shower and used my HHTT to detangle. Afterwards I applied some of the Shea Moisture Moisture Conditioner that I use as a leave-in, some regular lavender scented shea butter to seal and then I used Oyin Shine and Define for each actual twist. I love that stuff. It's a great product if you want a twist out. I'll have to go into a more detailed review of that product in a later post.

Anyway, check out the style. Let me know what you think! It was a lot of fun to do, not something I'd do often, since it took about an hour and a half, but I think it's something I can turn to for the winter, which will be a change from a plain old bun. I'll probably keep the style for a few days. I get bored with my hair easily, so I can't really maintain styles for more than a few days, even though deep down I wish I could keep a style for like a good two weeks.

Ok okay, here's the hair!





No comments:

Post a Comment