Anyway, I've joined a new Grow Out Challenge that begins tomorrow. This time, the challenge is sponsored by Shelli, a blogger/vlogger, on her site http://hairscapades.com/hairscapades-grow-out-challenge-structure/. I came into contact with Shelli on NaturallyCurly.com and when she posted that she was hosting this six month grow out challenge, I jumped on the opportunity to continue my healthy hair journey. This is also a weight loss journey for. I've been struggling to get down to 120 pounds and a renewed challenge and workout ethic may just be the thing I need to reach my goals. My hair goal is still to get to shoulder length stretched by the end of the year, but ideally in six months I'd like to see myself reach APL. My ultimate hair goal is bra strap length...that's probably all the hair I can handle.
For the Grow Out Challenge I will:
- For the summer, wash my hair weekly and deep condition. Since I will be exercising frequently, I'll cowash mid week.
- Take my Treasured Locks Hair Vitamin Daily
- Take Women's One a Day daily
- Take my L-Cystine once a day
- Drink at least 64oz of water a day
- Protective style! Do not wear hair out during the week, wear it either in twists, buns, etc...out hair is for the weekends.
- Moisturize and seal nightly
- Megatek every other night on entire scalp
- Castor oil on edges twice a week.
- Sleep with satin cap
- Baggy method a minimum of 3 times a week, ideally aim for five
- Cardio three times a week, minimum of 30 minutes (elliptical, running, stair master, etc
- Cycling Twice a Week (usually Tuesday and Thursday, if class is cancelled, than do an hour of cardio to make up for it)
- Weightlifting 3 times a week, on the days I don't do cycling
- No late night eating (no heavy carbs after 7)
- No candy/junk food (includes chips, cookies, etc)
- If drinking beer, stick with light beers...really try not to drink very much