Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rainy Days Aren't A Problem...

Current Style: Pulled back in a bun.

I know I said I was going to keep the twists in until Friday and then rock a brief twist out. But so many of them were unraveling and I just had to take them out. And then I decided since it'd been a week since my last wash, might as well do that too.

So I washed with my Shea Moisture and used my new Eqyss conditioner that's supposed to be amazing...personally I think it's okay. The smell wasn't as coconut-y as I would have liked. And it didn't have enough slip for me, but I'll use it again anyway. My hair also felt kind of weird afterwards...like too soft or something. Anyway I rinsed that out, applied some of my mega-tek to my scalp and sprayed my hair water msm, rosemary and peppermint oil, before applying some Cantu Shea Butter, Shea Moisture Anti Breakage (it's supposed to be a DC but I just used a little...can't hurt right?) and then some of my Hollywood Castor Oil hairdress. Then I pulled everything back into a bun for a bit just so it wouldn't poof out, but then released the bun half way through Glee so that it could dry. Then before bed I parted it in the middle, applied more castor oil and tied a scarf on. Because my bangs are so short, it was an effort to get them to lay down since they don't make it into the bun. Hence the scarf.

This morning my hair was really soft! So I must have done something right. Like I said, my goal is to wear it in a bun for the rest of the month. I don't know if I'll make it...I much prefer my hair out, even if it is in twists. Just feels and looks more feminine. But the bun is okay as long as I have earrings on. Plus, the minute I see any breakage, the bunning will stop! I don't think I pulled it too tight, but it does feel weird just because I never wear my hair back.

Anyway, referring to the title of this post, today is raining. It wasn't coming down hard when I left this morning, just a light drizzle. I could have used an umbrella but I wasn't really botherered by it. It just reminded me of the days when I had a relaxer and the very thought of my hair getting wet was frightening. Especially because the instant moisture hit the strands, I'd lose all the work I put into straighteing it. Which is why I don't even bother straightening my hair now. With the humidity, it doesn't stay straight for long. But today, I didn't mind! And in fact, I think the extra moisture from the water is probably a good thing. And my hair isn't even frizzing, so that's a plus!

My plan is to check out some youtube videos to see different types of buns. I mean, my hair isn't long enough for anything fancy but it's getting there.

Sorry, no pics. Since I'm not doing anything special, I figure there's not point. But at the end of the month, I'll do some twists and we can see if the hair got any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment