Friday, May 6, 2011

Pretty Flowers

Current Style: A few flat twists in the front and pinned up in the back, with a pretty orange flower as decoration.

I didn't think I was ever going to be the type of girl to put flowers in my hair. Yet, something about natural, big curly hair requires decoration i.e. a flower. I also didn't think I'd be able to pull a flower off and I've been experimenting with it, but before this to no avail. But now I think I've got it. I kind of like the flower with a pulled back hairstyle...it looks kind of elegant. I still want to try the flower thing with my hair out and down, but I think I'll wait for it to get a little longer first.

I got this flower at Ulta and it's huge and orange and I love it. I thought it would be really fun for summer and I'm currently really digging the colors orange and coral. I'm on the look out for a yellow and purple flower. Hopefully I can find the yellow flower by the time June rolls around because I want to wear it to one of the weddings I am going to this summer.



As for my routine, nothing much is different. This is day two of this style, yesterday I had mostly all of my hair covered, but kept the flat twists in over night and just pinned up the back. I spritzed my hair a bit and applied shea butter for the moisture factor and tied my hair down again, which really help smooth away any frizz. I think this will be my hair style for the rest of the weekend, either with another flower in it or some rhinestone hair clips for decoration. Sunday I may wash and style it differently...actually I kind of want to flat twist the rest and wear a twist out look for work Monday...but I'm kind of in a self challenge where I'm supposed to to keep my hair pulled back. I just feel like I'd be wasting the twists, because I know I'd get some great waves from leaving them in so long. Oh well, I've got a few days to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment