Friday, April 29, 2011

When you know you're going away for the weekend...

Current Style: Two strand twists!

Starting in May I am going to take a break from the twists and trying to keep my hair pulled back for an entire month. I'm doing this mainly because when my hair is down, I have a tendency to twirl strands of hair around my finger and I'm sure that's not healthy. So if I wear it back, not only should it help me retain length, but it also means I won't be messing with it.

But I am in San Francisco this weekend and I couldn't haul all my hair products with me so it was easiest to just put my hair in two strand twists. I got a sample of Oidad's anti heat and humidity gel and decided to use that for my twists. I liked it at first because it had such a firm hold...but now I'm thinking the hold is too strong. My twists don't feel as soft as they usually do and I hope when I take them out that it won't be a problem.

I also left a whole bunch of conditioner in my hair this time around, which is supposed to be good moisture wise. I sealed with a little olive oil for shine, so that's it! I kind of like how they turned out this time. I meant to make them really small all over, but it was taking forever and so they are varying sizes. I'm still annoyed at the front of my hair only because it just doesn't curl like the rest of my hair and I have to wear rollers to blend them in. I think as they grow longer, I can trim a bit here and there and hopefully cut off the last of the relaxed ends.

Other than that my hair is surviving here in San Francisco and my friends liked the style on me, so that's a plus. We're going out tonight...I gotta figure out how I want to 'dress' up my hair a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment