Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vitamins do the body good




Kind of a cutesy headband...but I really like it!

Currently Style: Pulled back in a bun with a headband as decoration. At least this way I keep my hands out of my hair. When it's down all I do is twirl twirl twirl...

So I've been taking vitamins. I take a multi-vitamin for health (it also has caffeine which is a huge help in the mornings) but I've started some other vitamins that are supposed to be good for hair, skin, and nails.

I'm taking:
    
  • Nioxin Recharging Complex. It's one tablet a day (although I've upped it to two because I just want to finish the bottle). Has this been helping? I don't know. My nails do seem to be growing faster (that could be a result of not biting them anymore) my skin does seem to be clearer. But my hair? I don't know? I can't really tell if there's much of a difference...is it softer? Shinier? Longer? Well nothing spectacular is happening overnight but I think in general my hair is healthier.
  • Biotin: 5,000mcg. Another one tablet a day vitamin. Now biotin I do love and I think it helps getting nice skin. I know some people can take too much of it and get breakouts but I'm drinking nearly 70 oz of water a day and biotin is water soluable so whatever my body isn't using gets flushed out. This is supposed to be excellent for the hair, but since I've just started taking it I can't confirm this or not, will keep you posted.
Like a lot of women (maybe) I would love to be able to take a pill and grow my hair super long in like a month, but that's simply not possible. What I can do is make sure that my body is getting all the nutrients it needs to produce healthy hair, skin, and nails. I know vitamins aren't the only factor. I definitely feel like all the water I'm drinking lately is doing wonders for my skin. It's so clear right now. And the heat and humidity also help. Yes my skin gets sweaty and shiny, but personally I like that look. Somehow it makes me look all...glowy, especially if I'm wearing a light bronzer or something...or my bare escentuals, that stuff makes you glow!

Another key factor to my overall health right now is exercising. I've taken up cycling and already I feel and see a difference. Maybe my hair will too.

So my recommendations: Taking a good multivitamin, skip the Nioxin, take some Biotin, drink lots of water and exercise! You'll definitely see a difference. (Oh yeah, Flaxseed Oil or Fish Oil is good too...but not necessary).



No comments:

Post a Comment