Sunday, April 24, 2011

Anniversary Hair

My going out style. Isn't the headband cute?
Current Style: Flat twist out, a little bit wild right now since I woke up. But last night it looked pretty cute.

I tried my first flat twists Friday night after washing and conditioning with Shea Moisture Restorative shampoo and conditioner. I DC'd for about 45 minutes with a little bit of olive oil on my scalp before rinsing everything out with cold water (yikes!) and t-shirt drying. My hair was very shiny and smooth, guess I'll be doing the cold water thing all the time now.

Next I applied some Shea Moisture Hair Milk (smells great) and some Kinky Curly Knot Today, sealed with coconut oil and applied a bit of Kinky Curly Custard to help the twists stay together. And then I got started.

The sad flat twist attempt.
Now this was extremely hard. I don't know how other women do this, but kudos to them! I'm sure if I practice I'll get better at it, but doing the back of my head had my arms hurting and I admit I was not doing them as well as I probably could have. I was grabbing too many big sections, just to hurry up the process.


My going to the mall look. Just add earrings...makes it prettier.


Oh well, I managed what I could and tied a satin scarf on and that's how I stayed for the next 24 hours ( even went to the mall that way). Saturday night, before going out to dinner I undid all the twists and my hair came out great! A nice wavy pattern which is just what I wanted and my hair was extememly soft..still is right now. I added a butterfly headband to jazz up the fluffly do and I was good to go! Didn't even need to add any other product to my hair since it came out so soft and shiny. I will definitely be doing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment